3 DIY Aromatherapy Skin Creams For Every Mood
Adding a mood-boosting scent to your Biolumiére Face & Body Cream is one of the easiest ways to bring another level of nourishment and relaxation to your skin care routine. Hand craft your favorite scents and consistencies into the perfect blend to nutrify your whole, human system.
Here are some of our treasured DIY aromatherapy skin cream recipes for you to try out. You can choose to use our lotion recipe or combine the aloes and oils listed to a high-quality, unscented lotion.
1. None Of Your Beeswax Lotion
3/4 cup Carrier Oil
2 Tablespoons Bees Wax
1 Cup Lukewarm Distilled Water
30 Drops Essential Oils Of Your Choice
Beeswax is known for protecting your skin by providing a natural barrier while still allowing your skin to breathe and not trapping in any unnecessary particles. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities that help your skin as well. Carrier oil is great for replenishing dry or aging skin and is hugely nourishing and regenerative. It helps improve skin elasticity and firmness especially.
1. Add the carrier oil and bees wax together in a small glass measuring cup or bowl.
2. Place the cup in a pan of simmering water, let the water reach about halfway up the cup.
3. Heat until the beeswax melts and remove the cup.
4. Let it cool so you are able to place your fingers in the mixture but not enough for the beeswax to harden.
5. Pour the distilled water into the blender, and turn on high. Slowly begin to add the carrier oil and bees was mixture until it's too stiff to incorporate more oil or when you can clearly tell the water has been fully incorporated.
6. Pour off any extra water.
7. Mix in the essential oils of your choice and blend for a little while longer.
Put your mixture into a bottle or jar and use daily!
2. The Aloe Lo Lo Lotion
3/4 ounce grated beeswax
1/2 cup almond oil or grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon cocoa butter
1 cup Aloe Vera gel
1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
10 drops of essential oil of your choice
Vitamin E and Almond/Grapeseed oil help to keep your skin cells healthy and rejuvenated. They help protect your skin from UV ray damage smooth and soften fine lines. The fatty acids they contain help seal in moisture to your skin and can help reduce acne too. Aloe Vera is our green goddess of skin care is overflowing with nurturing vitamins and minerals.
1. Combine and melt the beeswax and almond/grapeseed oil and cocoa butter, over low heat.
2. Pour this combination into the blender, and allow it to cool down to room temperature. This part is very important to ensuring it stays blended and doesn't separate.
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine the Aloe Vera gel and Vitamin E oil along with your essential oils of choice.
4. Once the beeswax mixture has cooled in the blender, add the Aloe Vera mixture while it's blending on slow. Blend until it has the look and consistency of lotion.
5. Put lotion into jar or bottles and enjoy!
3. The Energy Vibe Lotion
4 Drops Peppermint Essential Oils
3 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
1 Large Scoop Aloe Infused Facial Cream
Peppermint oil has powerful soothing and cooling qualities that help freshen the skin. It also helps invigorate oil secretion helping aid against developing acne and dryness. Lemon brings back glow and luster to dry or dulled skin almost immediately. It can also help tighten sagging skin and has antiseptic traits that help fight acne and other various skin conditions.
1. This one is nice and easy, simply combine the ingredients listed, bottle or jar the mixture and use as needed! Enjoy!
If you've come up with some excellent aromatherapy recipes for your skin care routine, feel free to reach out and share them with us! We love hearing from you!